WOMEX runs the last weekend of October every year.
WOMEX conference features a comprehensive conference program, trade fair, showcases and the WOMEX awards. Most of the program of WOMEX is aimed at professionals and trade visitors within the world music scene, with a emphasis on international touring.
In 2016, WOMEX attracted...
- 2,400 delegates representing 1,410 companies from more than 90 countries;
- 1030 event promoters;
- 620 labels, publishers and distributors;
- 416 governmental, educational and other institutions;
- 827 individual booking agents, 730 managers and 357 producers;
- 297 national and international journalists;
- More than 60 Showcase acts with 289 musicians from 43 countries on 7 stages;
- The fifth WOMEX DJ Summit with a specific Showcase programme & Network Meeting dedicated to global club music;
- The Opening Concert: 'Iberians: Music Tapas Menu';
- A bustling Trade Fair with 717 exhibiting companies from 51 countries at 291 stands;
- 83 speakers and mentors from 32 countries in 25 Conference Sessions; 19 Network Meetings and 8 expert Mentorings;
- 11 films in daytime and evening screenings, co-produced in 10 countries and including public screenings for the first time;
- Three WOMEX Awards honouring Calypso Rose from Trinidad & Tobago; Henry Arteaga and 4Elementos Skuela from Colombia; and label of the year, Glitterbeat Records, based in Germany;
- The WOMEX Radio Studio organised by Radio Galega (Galicia, Spain), in cooperation with EURORADIO of the EBU (European Broadcasting Union) and NRK (Norway);
- virtualWOMEX – your online gateway to the global music community.