Submissions Are Now Open for Artists Wanting to Showcase at WOMEX Held in Copenhagan October 2011
Submissions are now open for artists wanting to showcase at WOMEX held in Copenhagan October 2011
WOMEX: The World Music Expo
"The most important international professional market of world music of every kind. This international fair brings together professionals from the worlds of folk, roots, ethnic and traditional music and also includes concerts, conferences and documentary films. It contributes to networking as an effective means of promoting music and culture of all kinds across frontiers." UNESCO Global Alliance for Cultural Diversity
In 16 editions WOMEX has grown to...
• 2,440 delegates and 1,360 companies from 94 countries.
• 850 concert and festival bookers.
• 600 labels, publishers and distributors.
• 700 managers and 350 producers.
• 350 national and international journalists, incl. 170 radio broadcasters.
• A bustling Trade Fair with 260 stands and 650 exhibiting companies.
• 59 Showcase acts with 300 artists from 38 countries on 6 stages.
• More than 60 speakers in 20 Conference Sessions; a Mentoring programme; a new Matchmaking service for publishers and Country Speed-Dating.
• A festive Opening Concert - The Chaosmos of Korean Music: Heaven, Earth and Human - presenting three of the finest bands on the contemporary Korean music scene.
• Three WOMEX Awards honouring the artist Danyèl Waro from La Réunion; fRoots Chief Editor Ian Anderson, UK, on behalf of the independent press; and top label world village/harmonia mundi based in France/USA/UK/Spain.
• The Roskilde Festival World Music Award presented to the Dhow Countries Music Academy, Tanzania.
• The WOMEX World Music Film Market, in cooperation with the International Music + Media Centre IMZ, Austria.
• Numerous Networking Meetings, Presentations and Receptions.
• The Radio WOMEX broadcasting studio for live interviews and performances, organised by NRK from Norway.
• The WOMEX TV Studio and Webcast, in cooperation with Mondomix, France.
• virtualWOMEX - the professional future of world music online.
All this and more to come in 2011.
WOMEX 11 Copenhagen | 26 - 30 October 2011
Submissions run through Sonicbids
Back to International News