Tami Neilson at Goldie Estate on Waiheke | 27 December 2023
A special Christmas holidays afternoon on Waiheke Island with Tami Neilson and her Hot Rockin’ Band of Rhythm, and Waiheke's own Americana duo, Dollface, opening the show!
Award-winning country soul singer-songwriter Tami Neilson and her Hot Rockin’ Band of Rhythm are set to entertain a vineyard full of holiday making concertgoers at Goldie Estate on Dec 27th. Tickets can be found here.
For more than a decade, Tami Neilson has been queen of New Zealand's country music scene, with countless accolades and achievements to her name, including six New Zealand Best Country Album Awards, three Best Country Song Awards, the prestigious APRA Silver Scroll for excellence in songwriting and a Grammy Award nomination for her most recent record, Kingmaker.
She has also built up a loyal fan base who know they're guaranteed one hell of a show when it comes to her live performances, and that's certainly what's in store for the event at Goldie Estate.
“The Kiwi queen remains an imperious talent.” Neil Spencer, The Guardian
“Neilson is at the forefront of the women who are taking back country music. This is the Album of the Year.” No Depression
“Vocals with the swagger of a feral Peggy Lee. Immensely touching.”
Mojo - 4 Stars
- Gates open at 2:00pm
- Goldie Estate is located at: 18 Causeway Road, Surfdale, Waiheke Island 1081
- Water is allowed to be brought in; drinks and food to be purchased at the vineyard
- Goldie Estate is a licensed restaurant, and will provide a range of reasonably-priced food and drinks
- Free water stations will be on-site
- Bring a blanket, and dress for outdoor conditions: sunhat, sunscreen, jacket, etc. Shade is minimal on the gorgeous hill atop Goldie Estate!
- Kids 5 and under are free
Transportation: Please bicycle, walk or take public transportation to Goldie Estate. There is no on-site parking, and illegally-parked cars might be ticketed. Your neighbours live on Causeway Road - please consider them in your decision-making.
Back to Artist News