Industry Internship Applications Close Tuesday 29 Jan
There are just a few day left to apply for an internship as part of the Music Commission's Industry Internship Programme.
The Music Commission's Industry Internship Programme will run for the second time in early 2019, with the goal of growing the knowledge, networks and career potential of emerging music professionals. The internship roles are generally suited to recent graduates, or people wanting to kick-start a career in the music industry.
Applications to be an Intern in 2019 are open until 29 January and all internships must be completed by the 30 June 2019.
This intake, we are asking people to identify which of the twelve roles they would like to apply for. The positions available are:
- PR Assistant - Part Time - 3 days per week for 16 weeks - Auckland
Providing assistance in the roll-out of music publicity campaigns.
- Event Assistant - Part Time - 2 days per week for 16 weeks - Auckland
Providing support to the Event Director and Communications Manager for the execution of all ages live music events.
- Assistant Creative Agent - Part Time - 3 days per week for 16 weeks - Wellington
Assist with the activation of Māori and indigenous led creative music tech-based projects, including participation in the design of a global music-based mobile application, establishing a social media profile for an emerging indigenous artist, and documenting engagements.
- Recording Studios Engineering & Admin Assistant - Part Time - 3 days per week for 16 weeks - Auckland
Studio administration and engineering assistance to key producers and one-off clients at our complex of seven recording studios.
- PR & Management Assistant - Part Time - 3 days per week for 16 weeks - Auckland
Working with a management and PR team to deliver music publicity campaigns and work on artist-specific projects.
- Studio & Event Assistant - Part Time - 24 hours per week, flexible including weekends and evenings, for 16 weeks - Palmerston North
Assisting the Studio & Events team in running a live music venue, rehearsal facilities, and recording studio.
- Booking Agent & Event Assistant - Part Time - 3 days per week for 16 weeks - Auckland
Music and event coordination including travel, promotion and performance bookings for artists.
- Engineering & Production Studio Assistant - Part Time - 24 hours per week, flexible including weekends and evenings, for 16 weeks - Auckland
To work alongside studio engineers assisting in all aspects of recording, mixing, studio management and operations.
- Education Project Support - Part Time - Flexible for 16 weeks - Hawkes Bay
Assist in project managing the successful delivery of a new singing-based music education programme, based on the Kodály pedagogy.
- PR & Label Assistant - Part Time - 2 days per week for 16 weeks - Auckland
Promoting, coordinating, reporting and assisting in music PR campaigns across all media.
- Music Supervisor Assistant - Part Time - 3 days per week for 11 weeks - Auckland
Work for an international music supervision company, creating playlists for film & tv, assisting with music research & licensing, and coordinating the release of a NZ-based soundtrack album.
- Studio Assistant - Part Time - 3 days per week for 11 weeks - Christchurch
Working in studio alongside a producer & engineer to assist in the recording process for a range of artists.
When submitting an application, please tick the appropriate box, or boxes, for the position you are applying for. You can apply for a maximum of three roles.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Tuesday 29 January 2019.
The NZ Music Commission believes that music is a vital and vibrant part of our culture and is excited to facilitate these Internships as part of its ongoing work to support the growth of the NZ music industry.
Back to Commission News