LAUNCHING THE YOUNG GIG MAKERS GRANT
In collaboration with Auckland Live, Auckland City of Music are thrilled to be launching the inaugural Young Gig Makers Grant. An initiative set to support young and aspiring music event organisers and musicians with a micro-grant of cash plus in-kind technical support and equipment to present an all-ages concert or music performance in the Auckland region.
Auckland UNESCO City of Music is grateful for the generous support and contribution made by Auckland Live to make this opportunity available.
Auckland Live general manager of Programming and Presenter Services, Bernie Haldane, says the organisation is proud and delighted to contribute to what will be career-boosting music industry experiences for young Aucklanders.
“We’re committed to developing and growing the capacity of Auckland’s music sector, and hope the Young Gig Makers Grant will become a key asset for young people seeking a pathway to what is a very exciting and rewarding industry,” she says.
- Each grant is for $500 cash, plus in-kind technical support from Auckland Live (valued at $2,500 per grant)
- 10 grants will be awarded
- The total grant fund is $5,000 (plus $25,000 in-kind technical support from Auckland Live)
The grant is designed to
- Provide opportunities for access and participation in music events for young people
- Reflect the culture and character of Tāmaki Makaurau
- Raise awareness of Auckland UNESCO City of Music
For young Aucklanders aged 16-25 years who are;
- Music Event Organisers
- Music Gig Promoters
Back to Commission News
See their website for all the details, or apply directly via the online form here.
Applications open from 1 April 2021 and close 5pm, 30 April 2021.
Projects to start after 1 June and be completed by end of December 2021.