New Speakers Announced for Aotearoa Sync-Posium 2023
Aotearoa Sync-Posium on 6 & 7 March at Q Theatre will explore the exciting world of applying musical artistry to film, television, video games & commercials.
Aotearoa Sync-Posium will educate and celebrate the exciting world of applying musical artistry to film, television, video games & commercials.
MONDAY 6 & TUESDAY 7 MARCH: Q THEATRE, 305 QUEEN STREET, AUCKLAND
Register today to attend this TWO-DAY CONFERENCE featuring the world's biggest industry leaders in Music made for the screens. Featuring over 15 panels, keynote speakers, breakout rooms, meet-ups and more.
· Serj Tankian (System of A Down Founder, Composer, Artist & Activist)
· Tami Neilson (Award Winning Singer/Songwriter)
· Bret McKenzie (Academy Award® Winner / Flight of the Conchords)
· Joel Little (Grammy® Winning Producer, Songwriter)
· Anton Monstead (Music Supervisor ELVIS, Head of Music Amazon Studios)
· Amos Newman (Sr. VP of Music at Fifth Season)
· Carol Dunn (Executive Producer, Human Worldwide)
· Karyn Rachtman (Music Supervisor)
· Mark Mothersbaugh (DEVO Founder, Composer)*remote speaker
· Steve Schnur (President of Music EA Games) *remote speaker With further guests announced in the lead up to the event
WHAT IS SYNC-POSIUM?
A conference that focuses on music for screens: film, television, commercials and video games. You will hear from local and global industry leaders, creators and executives as well as successful artists and composers who share their individual experience on the following panels:
- Concerts to composers - a talk with rock/pop stars about their journeys into becoming screen composers.
- Songwriters & Producers discuss the different approaches they take when writing for themselves versus writing for the screen.
- Listen; This Is How You Get Heard: studio heads and music supervisors explain how artists and composers can get themselves noticed.
- The ins and outs on creating bespoke pieces for film and television.
- What’s The Difference? Television, film, video games and commercials.
- What’s The Deal? Licenses, work-made-for-hires, buy-outs, etc. A discussion on every kind of deal in creating and licensing music for the screen.
Get discounted tickets here.
The Sync-Posium Conference will be followed by a two day specialised songwriter, composter and producer workshop at Roundhead Studios. Songwriters, composers, and producers are encouraged to apply for the workshop here.
Sync-Posium is produced by Mind Your Music and supported by:
New Zealand Music Commission, NZ On Air, New Zealand Film Commission, Recorded Music NZ, Auckland City of Music | Tāmaki Makaurau Pā Puoro, SAE Media Institute, Music Producers Guild NZ Aotearoa.Back to Commission News